2010年12月26日星期日

Mario’stimes were like Corum 285-150-20-0F15-FZ50R Men's watch clockwork

Marioand I both did seven laps, sadly my last lap didn’t count. I missed the cut offtime by three minutes. I knew it was going to be a long shot to make it in before9:00 ( half of my lap would be in the dark). This was a train through so out I went, jealous knowing Mariowould be drinking a Stella in the pit. Mario’stimes were like Corum 285-150-20-0F15-FZ50R Men's watch clockwork, literally. His times drifted about one minute over thecourse of 12 hrs. It was pretty unreal and a great benefit because we had nopit crew so I knew how much recovery time I had. After the race I talked to Mario about what it was like.

No lume whatsoever on this dial, it is a dress watch. Great blued Chronograph hands complete the package and the patterned subdials offer nice contrast against the dial.The stainless steel watch case measures a healthy 42mm, but wears very large in my opinion. It seems to wear more like 43-44mm, possibly due to the thin bezel and large Corum 163-257-47-F408-PN76R Ladie's watch face. I just cant get enough of the dial on this watch, they did such a fantastic job!As you can see, this is a monopusher chronograph which means the same Pusher starts, stops and resets the chronograph mechanism.

Did you know you were going to be that spot on?Mario:No, thatsurprised me. I rode sections of each lap differently, but I also ranIntotraffic at different points on the course so I think everything evened outoverall by the time Igot back to the transition area.I know we train with our own check points in mind for these races, did you havethe same Corum 163-257-47-F403-PN75R Ladie's watch times for the first check point at the top of the climb?Mario:Yes itwas always 19 minutes and change to the start of the fire road at the topof the climb except for the first lap; I didnt check mywatch on that one. That was my only checkpoint for this race. If it were a 24hour race I wouldhavehad two more.